What A Lemon

Ken ken at schneider.net
Mon Mar 24 09:02:40 PST 2003

My wife has had an original TiBook 500 for 2 years.  Boy, do I wish we
purchased AppleCare at the time.  In two years we have gone through 3
hard drives.  The third one just died this weekend.  All of them
sounded the same when they died - clunk, clunk, clunk.  Also, the
screen has 2 vertical lines on it.  There are 2 other people where she
works that have had screen problems also.  Is there some type of design
flaw with the early TiBooks?  This is ridiculous!

Now don't get me wrong.  I love Apple products and will continue to buy
Macs.  My wife has a B&W G3 at home and I have a G4/400, Beige G3 and a
9600.  I still have my original Mac Plus in storage (never giving that
up).  I'm just frustrated by all the TiBook problems we have had.

-= Ken =-