[Ti] What A Lemon

Jacqueline Staples jdstaples at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 24 23:11:27 PST 2003

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 10:01 AM, Henry Kalir wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Ben Cheng wrote:
>
>> I can not stress this enough but always, _always_ buy AppleCare for
>> notebooks.  Unless you're already replacing your notebook every year
>> and a half or so, AppleCare is worth its weight in gold after the
>> first
>> year.

> Really???

Yes. I have had my TiPB 500 since they first came out. I take good care
of it and it's in great condition. But I've replaced the battery twice
(had the battery that fell out all the time and then the replacement
didn't have much battery life), the DVD replaced once as well as the
fan. All in all, AppleCare has saved me big $s. Desktop computers
generally don't get moved around too much. My TiPB is on the go several
times a day. If you've invested the money in a laptop then you should
invest a little more in the AppleCare. It's worth it.

Jacqueline