[Ti] No-fly zone

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Mar 25 07:09:10 PST 2003

>At 10:18 am +0100 25/3/03, Javier Pedreira (Wicho) wrote:
>>Simon Chapman said on 25/3/2003:
>>
>>>"Maximum operating altitude: 3000 m (10,000 feet)"
>>>
> >>Presumably this means that we're voiding our warranty if we use it on a plane...
> >
> >I don't think so:
>>
>>Cabin pressure in planes (at least in commercial planes) is kept to a equivalent of 8,000  feet or less:
> >
>>   <http://books.nap.edu/books/0309082897/html/311.htm>
>>   <http://digilander.libero.it/andreatheone/7.htm>
>>   <http://askvrd.org/askateacher/knowledgedb.asp?cat=517&ques=1167>
>
>Which would be fine if the Apple spec referred to cabin pressure, but it only refers to height.

All specs are subject to interpretation. I just checked the specs for homo sapiens. They're not supposed to go above 10,000 feet either cuz the air is too thin. But I keep seeing them going up to that moon thing.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

If you were arrested for kindness, would there be enough evidence to convict you?