"Lemon"

Mark Swanson mswanson9988 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 22:10:31 PST 2003

I can also attest to the longevity of Macs.  My original Mac Plus still
works though I now use it as a door stop and a curiosity (the 10 meg
quantum external however rarely worked reliably and died within two
years).  My Mac II is now being used by a relative new to computers
(uses it for word processing).  My Power Computing 180 still in use at
my office though I had to replace the HD eight  years ago (but would
have anyway because I outgrew the original drive).  My Wallstreet
powerbook still works flawlessly (my only computer that can access
floppies).  G4 desktop has chugged along for the last two years.  My Ti
book, no problems, bless its little heart.  The only Macs I buy Apple
service for are the portables due to moving them constantly, carrying
them in car, planes, using them by the pool and due the the high costs
of replacement parts and difficulty in self service.  Just my 2 cents.