[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Tue Mar 25 15:15:46 PST 2003

On 3/25/03 5:00 PM, "Khyber Courchesne" <khyber at urbisnet.com> wrote:

> For me the thing I hope for with the 17-inchers is an improvement in screen
> brightness.  The 12" powerbooks look much worse (or at least the viewing
> angle is greatly diminished) than the standard 15" tiBook.
>
> So - How would the new 17" owners rate screen brightness over the old 15"???

This is in regard to the screen brightness on the 15" Ti books.  A few weeks
ago, I compared my 15" Ti 1 GHz book's screen to a Ti 400 screen that
belongs to someone else on this list, you know who you are :), and the
difference was incredible.  The Ti 1 GHz screen was so much brighter.
Actually the difference was incredibly different.   So I just thought that
it would be important to point this out in reference to comparing the 15"
book's screen to the 17" book's screen.  The 15" books are different within
the different models.  Just an additional 2 cents worth...
Cheers
FRED