[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Jeremy Kezer jeremykezer at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 07:38:44 PST 2003

Victor,

>>Well, the typing improvement totally sold me on it and I wouldn't go back.
>
>What would sell me on it is improved Airport range. My 500MHz tibook
>is pathetic compared to ibooks.
>
>Anyone willing to comment on that? So far I've only seen one report,
>and that basically said "no difference".

I didn't see any difference in a side-by-side comparison with a 2nd
gen TiBook (800MHz DVI) and the 17" PowerBook.  Both were showing 3/4
"waves" in the OS X menu indicator at a distance of around 30' from
the original-style Base Station.

My wife's iBook also showed 3/4 "waves" but the OS X indicator
doesn't have really good granularity.  Is there a better way to
measure signal strength in OS X?  None of the AirPort apps seem to
show a percentage or anything similar.

Jeremy