[Ti] Fax by Cocoa eFax was great

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 26 09:37:30 PST 2003

Steve Wozniak tapped out this message on 3/26/2003 11:37 AM

>Have you ever noticed that programs which are bundled with our PowerBooks
>tend to be neglected and go downhill? Since Cocoa eFax is not bundled so,
>I expect it to be a rewarding experience.

Did you find that it reliably connects to regular fax machines? This was
the problem I am having with 10.2.4, in that this function between
computer and machines has stopped. Last night I had a client fax to my
Wallstreet, then I faxed that over to the X machine and made my pdf
file........<sigh>
The same fax machines work fine with OS 9 on my Wallstreet, both in and
out.

Someone suggested I look at the modem init string in 9 and copy it to 10,
but I've never had to change that before.
What is it about X that seems to mess up hardware? I have never had a
problem with FAXstf, GlobalFax for both internal and external and even
MacCommCenter (remember that? it was bundled with another kind of modem,
whose name escapes me at this senior moment) worked great on my old LC
III !