[Ti] Swappable parts on Tis

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 10:14:12 PST 2003

Officially, almost nothing.  Hard drives and RAM, as somebody else
mentioned.  Not logic boards, screens, or even the top case.  You could
probably get away with the clutch covers though.  ;-)
You might be able to swap optical drives, though the cable placement
and drive size can vary, and there might not be the proper mounting
hardware.

However, if you really want to swap things, you can generally swap
anything between the same revision; ie between the 400 and 500, or
between the 550 and the first 667.

Malcolm Cornelius <malcolm at fireflyuk.net> writes:
> Can anyone help me as to which parts from a 400 can be used in later
> machines and the reverse.
>
> Are the screens, CD/DVD etc. interchangeable ?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html