[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Wed Mar 26 16:19:38 PST 2003

At 6:47 PM -0800 3/25/03, Paul Russell wrote:
>>I also like the ports being on the sides. In the past when working
>>at the desk, I would have to stand up, close the lid and then
>>connect or disconnect USB or Firewire, re-open the lid.
>>

>Me too - I like having a USB port on each side too - great for us
>left-handed mousers...

I hate the ports on the sides.  It is the one thing that I really
don't like about the 17-incher.  I connect to almost all of the ports
when I am at home.  I have a DVI-ADC adaptor connected to a 23"
display. and I have to stretch the USB cable of the DVI-ADC adaptor
from one side to the other because I am a right hand mouser.   I also
have Ethernet and Firewire also out right side.  I have Power and the
USB from DVI-ADC adaptor out the left.  The bend radius of all of
these cables takes a huge amount of desk space and is really ugly.
With my 15" Ti, everything was in a nice neat bundle out the back.
Overall the 17" machine takes twice the desk area.  With the Ti, the
pro mouse cable was long enough to mouse from either side.

      Sherman