External keyboard advise please

Cyn flanders1 at charter.net
Wed Mar 26 18:48:47 PST 2003

I have been using a laptop for years and shunned my external
keyboards until recently. I bought a 17" PB that doesn't fit on the
lower keyboard tray like the TiBook did. Now when at the desk, I put
the Albook on the top of the desk and an external Apple keyboard on
the tray. Holy Cow this keyboard is killing me!! Not only do I have
to work harder at lifting the fingers higher, I then have to push
further down to get the keys to respond! Also, everything seems to
take longer as I am not use to reaching over to the mouse
(trackball). With the laptop I didn't have to lift my hand all the
time as the track pad was right there. Nothing like what I am use to
with the laptop keyboard. Not only that, the clicking, clacking noise
of the keys is terrible!

Here are my choices:

1) Someone recommends a firmer, less noisy keyboard that more
resembles the laptop keyboard.

2) I put the 17" PB on the desk keyboard tray to use the laptop
keyboard (it will fit but the viewing angle stinks) and hook then
hook up a LCD to it.

2a) If I put a lcd with the PB, do I lose anything in the process,
like any speed, etc. of the pb?

2c) What other things should I consider regarding hooking up a 20" LCD?