[Ti] External keyboard advise please

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Mar 27 07:35:51 PST 2003

On  Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:20:15 -0800 Jerry Krinock <dearjerry at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> It was not easy to make a powerbook that was only 1 inch thick.  One of the
> tricks Apple did to make the 1-inch Powerbook G4 possible was to invent a
> new keyboard which has very thin keys and shallow displacement.  A side
> benefit is that this thing is very easy to type with; I can type all day,
> much faster on my Powerbook G4 than with any other keyboard I've ever had.
>
> Fortunately, MacAlly copied Apple's thin-key design, and now makes an
> external keyboard called the iceKey.  If you've been spoiled by the
> Powerbook G4's keyboard, you'll like the iceKey.  Try one out.

I guess I'm weird. I was spoiled by the 1984 Macintosh 128 keyboard. It had
tall keys with a long travel and made a wonderful clacking noise! I loved
typing on it. Talk about keyboard feedback - it was almost like typing with
an IBM Selectronic typewriter! Just about everything else feels flimsy and
plastic-ey to me. I now use a MacAlly iMedia keyboard which also gives off a
clackity-clack sound and has relatively long travel and constant feedback.

I guess this shows my age!

jg