[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Mar 27 11:47:16 PST 2003

>My real question is this; is the scale used for Airport Extreme identical to that used for Airport?

Scale? I wouldn't think so. I only know that using MacStumbler, I have been able to do side by side comparisons of the 15" Ti and the 17" Big Al and found that they were essentially identical with the Ti sometimes beating Big Al by a small margin. And the net result was always similar in connectivity results.

>  There is no absolute maximum in MacStumbler AFAIK, and the signal always drops out before reaching 0, which is presumably the absolute minimum.

Which makes sense as the mere presence of a signal does relate to having sufficient signal for an acceptable signal to maintain a connection.

--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

It doesn't take all kinds -- we just have all kinds.