[Ti] print drivers 10.2

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Mar 28 00:45:47 PST 2003

At 19:45 -0500 27-3-2003, Bill Barton wrote:
>Has anyone used this set up for print drivers???
>http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/index.php3

I currently use Gimp Print 4.2.5.
I moved to this (see my Autumn 2002 post, appended) for my Epson
Stylus Colour 800, when Epson seemed to have no specific timing/plans
for an X driver.
It works perfectly.  never had a problem on installation nor use.

regards,  Trevor

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:09:49 +0100

I have an (old) Epson Stylus Colour 800 attached to my Ti-500 when I
am at home.

Today, I read this excellent "tip":

	http://MacOSXhints.com/article.php?story=20020827081141461

which explains very clearly how to set up a printer under X using
CUPS (The Common UNIX Printing System) which is incorporated in
Jaguar (10.2).

I followed the step by step instructions, and it worked first time.

So now I am printing on my SC800 under X (10.2).

I thought that others might value this option for their printer, if
it is has no X driver yet.....

regards,  Trevor