very unusual - OS X crash

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu May 1 03:32:01 PDT 2003

My IE6 under W98 on Virtual PC6 was blocked.  I could not re-start
VPC, CTL-ALT-DEL did not work, shut down PC did not work.  So I tried
force quite VPC.  My cursor locked in position, and my entire Ti-500
was blocked.    CTL-CMD-PWR was the only way forward.

A crash like this is so rare that it almost seemed worthy of reporting.
It made me realise just how solid and robust X (10.2.5) is now.
A once-a-quarter block becomes almost a novel event.
Unlike the earlier days of X, if list members recall, when my ISDN
pc-card was giving me a kernel panic almost every day....

progress....	:-)

Trevor