17" Lid not closing flat, checked out a model at the Apple Store

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Thu May 1 10:20:14 PDT 2003

17"  Lid not closing flat, checked out a model at the Apple Store, and I
noticed that the 2 units shown were unable to close their lids flat.
There was always a wobble to them on one unit it was almost 1cm worth of
play. I would generally like my notebooks lid ot close fairly flat, I
understand that I live in the REAL WORLD, where minor defects happen.
But these 2 lids seem to be a bit out of what I would call reasonable
flaws. Anyone on this list with a 17", does your lid truly lie flat, or
do you have loads of play on either side of the lid when viewing from
the front ( release button side )

Love to hear more, I am soooo close to buying one, but I was a little
worried after seeing those 2 units.

- Chris Rock