[Ti] I won't sign the petition [was: Canadians need not apply!]

Ron Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Thu May 1 12:21:33 PDT 2003

I submit that, even as we discuss this, Apple is working through all
the copyright and licensing issues in all the other countries as
quickly as possible and that worldwide access will happen as rapidly as
possible.  It is the same for including independent recording artists
in this service.  Steve himself has said it will happen very soon, now
that Apple has the service up and running.  Think of this as a
roll-out, not the finished product.

If there's any finger pointing to do or if you have feelings of
discrimination, you should look at the general paranoia within the
entertainment industry, but also at your own governments and their
obstructionist attitudes toward all things American.  That's where the
problems lie.  Blaming Apple won't solve anything.

Ron Woodland