[Ti] Ti internal modem

Erika macfiddler at iprimus.com.au
Thu May 1 12:30:19 PDT 2003

if expecting a reply, please note my signature, which contains
clarification of my peculiar circumstances.
Michael Bigley spake thus:

It's not just bad lines for some of us; it's no lines at all. Where I
live (Australian bush), there is some sort of radio/satellite dish
affair through which connects the 'exchange' in our little valley to
the nearest exchange in 'civilisation', and no-one in this valley,
whatever fancy modem they have, gets more than about 28.8 equiv.
speed. I was speaking about it to our local Telecom engineer a while
back, and he said he thought it would be about 20 years before we saw
broadband down here. And we are less than 100 miles from Sydney, the
biggest city in Australia! Fortunately, we're moving house in a few
weeks (to another rural area in another state, about the same distance
from Brisbane, Queensland), but at least there we'll have a proper
land link.

>>  > While those of us who have switched to broadband never look back
and
>>>  can't understand why the whole world isn't with us, the fact is
that
>>>  statistically only about a third of net users have broadband. It
is
>>>  still a dial up world (much to the chagrin of web developers).
>>
>>Maybe it is because many of us have no access to broadband
connections! I
>>would love to have such access but like many who have chosen to live
in a
>>remote rural area, there is no such thing as cable or DSL phone
lines. To go
>>to Satellite Broadband means I would have to switch to a Windows
machine.

   best,

   Erica Mackenzie
   Megalong Valley, N.S.W.
   AUSTRALIA

  N.B. Please do not be surprised or annoyed if I fail to answer your post for
  some time. I have a fluctuating chronic auto-immune neurological condition,
  and am sometimes unable to use my computer for long periods (weeks or months).
  Be assured that I will reply as soon as I can - if I can. Please be tolerant.

    for(i=0;i<100;i++){
   printf("I must not be rude to M$Windows users.
          They can't help it.");
      [self castigate];
      }
      NSTolerance *myTolerance = [[[NSTolerance alloc]
          initWithKnobsOn: @"bigKnobs"] retain];