EUR Apple prices

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Thu May 1 13:01:32 PDT 2003

On dinsdag, apr 29, 2003, at 10:39 Europe/Amsterdam, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

> Apple have done a really good in 2003  job at keeping Europeans in the
> loop. Let's hope that in a month or two (they might be piloting the
> service at the moment) they expand it globally

And what about their prices? A euro equals 1.10 dollars at the moment,
but the 30Gb iPod equals either 599 EUR or 499 USD. (instead of 450
EUR).

And you Americans think you pay a high price for using Apple's stuff :-)

(just to combine to messages into one...)
On donderdag, mei 1, 2003, at 11:02 Europe/Amsterdam, Trevor J. Hutley
wrote:

> At 09:16 +0400 1-5-2003, Wendy Austin wrote:
>> There is an online petition going to complain about this very USA
>> biased marketing of Apple products.  Here is the site
>>
>> <http://www.petitiononline.com/AppleInt/petition.html>
>
> Wendy - thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I would recommend
> that  all Ti-list members, wherever they live, review the wording of
> this petition, and sign it.   I think it would greatly strenngthen
> Apple as a gloabl brand if they were seen to be less USA-focussed, and
> took care of their (generally higher-price-paying) customers around
> the world.
>
> regards,  Trevor

I suspect that their Euros are hedged against the dollar, so we just
have to sit and wait before the tide turns. The current eur / dollar
rate as reflected in Apple's prices compares to the all-time Euro-low
that occured arround may 2002. Just our luck that they hedged it so
long. (Our maybe they just want to make as much money as possible :-)

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)