[Ti] I won't sign the petition [was: Canadians need not apply!]

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu May 1 15:33:40 PDT 2003

Ron Woodland typed this message on 5/1/03 3:21 PM:

> I submit that, even as we discuss this, Apple is working through all
> the copyright and licensing issues in all the other countries as
> quickly as possible and that worldwide access will happen as rapidly as
> possible.  It is the same for including independent recording artists
> in this service.  Steve himself has said it will happen very soon, now
> that Apple has the service up and running.  Think of this as a
> roll-out, not the finished product.
>
> If there's any finger pointing to do or if you have feelings of
> discrimination, you should look at the general paranoia within the
> entertainment industry, but also at your own governments and their
> obstructionist attitudes toward all things American.  That's where the
> problems lie.  Blaming Apple won't solve anything.

OK, OK! I get the point! Maybe I reacted a bit in haste when I was barred
from the party by a huge bouncer who said I couldn't come in because of my
nationality.

I have been reading the latest posts from ~flipper, Ron and Victor - and all
the rest. Especially convincing is ~flipper putting this in perspective with
all the need there is in the world for our intervention and help.

So, let's get back on topic and see where Apple is taking this new venture.

Thanks folks...

jg