I won't sign the petition [was: Canadians need not apply!]

Daniel T* Kegan daniel at keganlaw.com
Thu May 1 21:06:48 PDT 2003

Well, there have been nationally mandated boycotts of other countries.
 From the USA, trading with Cuba, Iraqi, North Korea was highly
restricted.
And there are some investment funds that will not invest in what they
define as
socially undesirable companies.
While a for-profit corporation may choose to seek profit maximization,
it need not do so,
especially if the corporation's mission is disclosed to potential
shareholders.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at keganlaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.keganlaw.com
Elan Consultants * The MoneyLab * <http://www.keganlaw.com/moneylab.htm>