[Ti] Canadians need not apply! [OT]

XXL xxl at mac.com
Fri May 2 00:31:00 PDT 2003

> in other countries so might not be aware of the bad feeling
> about the inability to buy music, have iPhotos printed etc simply
> because of a lack of a USA billing address.

I have a USA billing address...  an APO address specifically.  (Military
address for those of you who are not aware of the US military post office
system)  Apple won't sell me iTunes because of that. But even better, the
Apple Store will not do business with me either,  because they won't use the
USPS.  So in the rare instance I need something that is Apple Store only, I
have it shipped to a friend in Dallas who then mails it to me.

This is simply the business model they have, and they were not trying to
eliminate those of us who have stepped up to the line to defend America and
preserve the capitalistic system that has made Apple so prosperous.  So quit
all that Canadian whining. It is nothing personal, it is just business.
-Joel

P.s., I have lived in lots of those "other countries" and I can assure  you
that thee are MANY barriers to commerce to Americans. Far more than those
you  cite.  American is a FAR more open to these sorts of thing than any
country I can think of.  Including Canada.