[Ti] 4 songs per second

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Fri May 2 08:45:47 PDT 2003

On 5/2/03 10:02, "Loren Schooley" wrote:

>> Blind Faith  Can't Find My Way Home
>
> Mmm. Blind Faith. Good choice

    Alternate more electric version. Missing that lovely violin, but cool.

On 5/2/03 9:26, "Brian Fish" wrote:

> So far, I've purchased 3 full albums and 6 singles.
> And it's taken a HUGE amount of restraint to keep it to that.

    Yes, I think Apple does have it right here. $ for them to do it, and a
good service for me.

    I would do searches to find that one song here or there that I had to
have and couldn't get anywhere (and stole it to be honest), but even if
legal, these other ways (peer to peer, etc.) to get things were generally
not worth the time to me. I'm not looking to fill my library with 500,000
songs I'll never get to or are to give away, I want what I'll listen to and
enjoy. (I do have 700+ records and 400+ CDs as a head start).

    I like have a place to go to that is easy, convenient, and growing. Sure
I bough a bunch and slowed down, but haven't worked my way through much of
the store yet. (And I have to save for the new Ti hard drive.)

    I'll like to hear a song on the radio, and be able to go get it. I like
filling in my collection with songs I didn't want to buy the whole CD for. I
like discovering new music I didn't know about, (from people I know or never
heard of - I miss being a college DJ those many years back). I'm going to
like when I help my kids make Mother's day CD present for my wife having a
reliable, good quality, and legitimate place to go to for music.

    Sure I'll like more as the selection grows. I'm a big fan of British
Isles folk music, and I think I have most everything the music store has so
far. The children's selection needs to grow a lot. (I'm a stay at home dad.
I need variety in children's music). Like most classical collections at most
stores, the current inventory tends to the big names. I enjoy the obscure at
times. But I expect this to grow, and the popular and big names in all
genres will be what pays for the Indies and the obscure.

    I think the iTunes integration is very smart, beyond the obvious of
helping Apple and Apple products. Rather than have to go to a bookmark
(which one?) and a web site and start browsing, the music store is right
there in my music player. And a _very_ easy to use music store. _Right
there._

    Yes, I'm a bit of an audiophile, I use tube amps I've built and speakers
many have never heard of, but I got used to CDs. :) And hey, I like music!

    I know that this is a business, and what really determines its success
is the money it makes. But isn't it nice when something can make money and
be a product that really serves a need? Make most everyone happy.

    Hey, I don't know if this is the next VisiCalc, MacPaint, or PageMaker,
but hey, I'm happy.

    Besides, I charged the music to my wife's credit card. :)

-- Roger