[Ti] The BOMB

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 12:50:29 PDT 2003

Rick Banuelos paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>The bomb is back. I haven't bought a new scanner, so I still use OS9 in my
>1GHZ Ti to scan my photos into photoshop. Sometimes, (not always), I get the
>"address error" bomb. This only happens in two other apps: Acrobat 5, and
>Illustrator 9. It's a hard bomb, too.
>
>Soon, I will upgrade my scanner, but for now I'm stuck. OS 9 is on a
>separate partition; I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
>
>*sigh*
>
>Any help to be had for this, my last problem in 9?
>

>Rick

Hi Rick,

Address error? I'd run DiskWarrior once. As much as I'd like to trash
Adobe in public, i use all those apps in X and 9 on a 667 Ti,without
incident. Are you using Photoshop 7? It runs in X and 9. Same goes
for Acrobat 5 and Illy 10.  And i assume you're using the latest
TWAIN driver? If so, then the address error is hard drive [memory
block] related, not Adobe-related. The separate partitions are not an
issue, I've used partitions for 9 and X since day One, also. The
benefits far outweigh the -mythological- drawbacks.

~flipper