[Ti] OT- OS X & Palm & Avant Go

Lee ratman at cq.net
Fri May 2 18:03:42 PDT 2003

Terry,

I did it two different ways, neither ideal. I had an 802.11b wireless
adapter and used it to connect directly. I also used VirtualPC to run
the PC version of the software. Somebody's done some work with the
straight unix version of the software, but it's only for serial ports.
Doesn't seem to work through a USB-serial adapter.

I understand your pain. I enjoyed AvantGo also.

Lee

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 07:47 PM, Terry Houle wrote:

> The one  thing I really miss since I got my Mac with OS X is being
> able to get Avant Go channels. As far as I understand Avant Go only
> supports OS 9 and below.   Does anyone know any other service like
> Avant Go that I could sync with OS X.   I really miss being able  to
> read the new on my Palm.
>

> Terry Houle

Lee Wilmeth, Computer Consultant
1104 Cypress CT