[Ti] [OT] another very unusual 10.2.5 crash

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri May 2 19:37:32 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 08:43  pm, b wrote:

> Tarik Bilgin paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:
>
>> Good  idea.
>>
>> does anyone know where the trash is stored on the disk so that i
>> could just use a shell to do this?
>
> there are several, the one you want is at ~/.Trash
>
> it's an invisible file, hence the 'dot' before the name. But why don't
> you move the files out of Trash and boot into OS 9 and delete them?

2 reasons:

1. I am very happy working in the shell. (zsh)

2. I haven't booted into OS 9  in over a year now!

It's not a question of pride or anything, I just can't work on OS 9 any
more! A colleague who is a web designer needed my help with some
Shockwave Flash Actionscript today, and so I went over to help him,

I sat down at his G4 which was running OS 9 -- and I actually managed
to look like a complete idiot as I worked BBEdit, Interarchy, IE and
the Finder with the apparent expertise of a man who had just been
introduced to a computer...

by the way thanks for all the advice on the audio front flipper, I
stayed up late tonight doing all kinds of tests in encoding and testing
different formats against each other. I'll post my results here
tomorrow.

:)

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com

--
TARIK BILGIN, Web Developer
tarik.bilgin at englandagency.com

an agency called england
marshall mill. marshall street. leeds LS11 9YJ
t.0113 234 5600 f.0113 234 5601
http://www.englandagency.com/

This e-mail contains information that is confidential and may be
Legally privileged. If  this e-mail has been addressed to you in
error and you are not the person intended or authorised to receive
it or a copy of it, please notify the sender as soon as possible.