[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Sat May 3 10:58:48 PDT 2003

On 5/3/03 12:09 PM, "Steve Wozniak" <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> At 11:30 AM -0500 2003.05.03, Loren Schooley wrote:

> People with high moral and ethical standards can be trusted. Their behavior is
> a visible sign that we can trust them not to harbor inner (hidden) bad will.
> It's a matter of honesty.

If I remember my bible stories correct, there was one particular doozy of a
tale. It was about those ethical high moral dudes crucifying someone for
unseeming behavior (obviously harboring bad will) while all the while he was
just pointing out basic truths-which sometimes questioned the outward
appearance of the moral and ethical folks who always seem to have the most
to lose for their own personal gain.

I do not trust people who 'advertise' high moral and ethical standards. I
trust the 'actions' of people who live their lives as honestly and ethically
as possible, even without the moral safety of contracts and written
agreements.

We were not put on Earth for business purposes, we were all put on Earth to
learn lessons and love God, expressing that love by heeding him. If you want
to get all moral, then we'll get all moral.

It's easy for me, I'm poor, so I can speak more freely and broadly about
morality than those bound by the spirit of money (or self gain if you will)
who are restricted to speak of morality while keeping it legal.

Now, I say forget bringing morality into this and just stick to the Common
Man Vs. The Corporation arguments. Corporate bashing is so much more
lighthearted and fun.