[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat May 3 11:35:09 PDT 2003

At 12:58 PM -0500 2003.05.03, Loren Schooley wrote:

> > People with high moral and ethical standards can be trusted. Their behavior is
>> a visible sign that we can trust them not to harbor inner (hidden) bad will.
> > It's a matter of honesty.
>
>[clipped]
>
>Now, I say forget bringing morality into this and just stick to the Common
>Man Vs. The Corporation arguments. Corporate bashing is so much more
>lighthearted and fun.

By moral I meant adhering to agreements and the such, and by ethical I meant being truthful. You imply that it's connected to religion but I assure you that's not the case with myself. Not being religious doesn't stop me from being good in ways I was taught. Music downloading does directly involve relationships with corporations, or even with poor musicians.

Apple has a great music service. Don't buy it if it's too expensive for you. Don't use poorness as an excuse and download 100,000 songs that honest people can't afford.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)