[Ti] PCI cards for 17" PowerBook

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Sun May 4 10:24:25 PDT 2003

On 5/4/03 11:10 AM, "Tim D. Middleton" <tmiddleton at mac.com> wrote:

> I am the proud new owner of my first PowerBook. I have noticed that my
> 17" comes with a PCI Card slot. Since I have never owned a pro Apple
> laptop this is all new to me. Can anyone help me out with what I can
> use that slot for?

It's actually a PC Card slot-- PCI Card slots are for desktops.  (Unless I'm
mistaken)... You can use it for a number of things-- I have a compact-flash
adapter for mine, so I don't have to carry around a cable for my camera, I
just pull out the CF card and stick it in my tibook.  I know people also use
them to get better wireless reception (put an 802.11b card in there), and
I'm sure there are hundreds of other uses, but I think using it to read
digital camera media is probably the most common.

Welcome to the TiBook family!  which one did you get?
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook