[Ti] PCI cards for 17" PowerBook

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sun May 4 10:30:01 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 01:10  PM, Tim D. Middleton wrote:

> I am the proud new owner of my first PowerBook. I have noticed that my
> 17" comes with a PCI Card slot. Since I have never owned a pro Apple
> laptop this is all new to me. Can anyone help me out with what I can
> use that slot for?

Various expansion devices. I have a Compact Flash adapter, for
transferring digital photos without draining my camera's batteries. I
also have a Sprint PCS Vision PC card for making internet connections
away from WiFi, ethernet, or landline phone jack. Finally, I have a
high end PC sound card (Echo Indigo).

Mark