[Ti] PCI cards for 17" PowerBook

cheshirekat cheshirekat at cheshirekat.com
Sun May 4 11:51:09 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 04, 2003, Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com, invoked powers
within the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 01:10  PM, Tim D. Middleton wrote:
>
>> I am the proud new owner of my first PowerBook. I have noticed that my
>> 17" comes with a PCI Card slot. Since I have never owned a pro Apple
>> laptop this is all new to me. Can anyone help me out with what I can
>> use that slot for?
>
>Various expansion devices. I have a Compact Flash adapter, for
>transferring digital photos without draining my camera's batteries. I
>also have a Sprint PCS Vision PC card for making internet connections
>away from WiFi, ethernet, or landline phone jack. Finally, I have a
>high end PC sound card (Echo Indigo).
>
>Mark

I have a USB 6 in 1 reader for my Sony Memory Sticks. I'm also a first
time PowerBook owner and have also been keeping a lookout for something
to plug into the pc card slot. I'm not a frequent tv watcher, but I've
got it in my head that I'd really like a tv tuner for my PowerBook. I'm
hoping one will be made for the pc slot.

I can remember looking at portables a while back and thinking they were a
hassle because of having the pc slots for modems, ethernet, etc., but
those things are all built in to the units now and more lightweight now
than the old clunky things. How do I know that my pc card slot works?