[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun May 4 15:04:53 PDT 2003

Jesse Brown paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Thank you professor
>
>  > Any system, whose prices are 'governed' by the owners of the means of
>>  production is either criminal, under our laws, or has been given
>>  artificial 'support' through law, price 'freezes', tolerance of
>>  monopolistic business practices, etc.
>
>Tell that to Apple.  It could charge a lower price but doesn't. So I guess
>Apple isn't determining it's prices? And besides you completely misread what
>I wrote: "doesn't mean you have a right to it outside of the parameters of
>the owners decision on it's value"

My my, I love sarcasm. Anyway, your original, poorly thought-out note
said Owners set their prices.. and that is that.

Wrong boy-o

And Apple, the RIAA, Sony, and the Department of Justice can all
agree that CDS should be $12 US till Kingdom Come, but the market now
includes millions and millions of 'customers who disagree to the
point of using Limewire, Kazaa, and other slow-pokey methods to pay
what they consider to be a more accurately 'fair' price.  Which is
their Time and paid-for bandwidth and computer investment, and zero
to the usurious 'middleman'.

Where's the owner's almighty pricing power in that scenario smart-ass?

~flipper

Econ 101, my ass, try the 400 level courses,pal