[Ti] Freezes when sleeping/(un)plugging USB

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Mon May 5 12:46:19 PDT 2003

måndagen den 5 maj 2003 kl 19.44 skrev Dennis Fazio:

> I can get the TiBook into a freeze situation where the screen
> backlight is out and it doesn't respond to anything except forced
> reboot.
>
> It usually occurs if I unplug USB keyboards right on top of closing
> the lid and may be exacerbated by reopening the lid again too quickly.

I have one of the early 400mhz Tibook and have similar problem
occassionaly. But I only have a printer conected to the USB and am
still trying to figure out why it happens when it happens. At the
moment I'm leaning towards a teori that the Tibook is in a sleeping
stage (but with lid open) when I disconnect the power and then the
USB-cable which by the way doesn't go directly to the printer but to a
hub which in turn is conected to the printer.

I feel that if I take the USB first and then the power the situation is
OK, but doing it in the opposite order causes the Ti not to wake up
normally but require a forced restart. Most of the time the screen is
totally black like Dennis describes but sometimes the screen displays a
kernel panic.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum> updat gardens 030418
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)