[Ti] Wireless Access Points - Linksys vs AirPort vs ?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Tue May 6 07:28:12 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 03:24  pm, Robert Ameeti wrote:

>>> P.S. I also will be conducting separate tests to determine the
>>> benefit of Dr
>>> Bott's extendAIR direct antenna booster (which I've also not seen
>>> worthy
>>> benefit from.)
>>
>>    Have you done such tests yet? I'm curious about the results.
>
> I got most of the way through but saw no interest in this. I will
> complete my review so as to offer it in a worthy way. So far, the
> Apple Base Station and the Dr Bott antennas don't look good. I tested
> D-Link, Linksys, Apple, and NETGEAR.

i'm really interested to know too!

I am about to purchase one for my office and am thinking of the Linksys
vs D-Link.

I recently installed a Linksys WAP and was interested to find it
contains 3COM hardware.

My Apple Base Station has very poor range in comparison and also seems
to have miraculously stopped working as it constantly goes through part
of the boot sequence then reboots. Sounds like some faulty electronics
inside ( a relay???)

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue