[Ti] Wireless Access Points - Linksys vs AirPort vs ?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Tue May 6 09:28:43 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 04:02  pm, Michael Bigley wrote:

>> i'm really interested to know too!
>>
>> I am about to purchase one for my office and am thinking of the
>> Linksys vs D-Link.
>>
>> I recently installed a Linksys WAP and was interested to find it
>> contains 3COM hardware.
>
> I am about to move my office into a separate building that is about 60
> feet from my house; I am also looking at wireless options, to save the
> expense of a second broadband connection. I have one of the original
> Airports, but the number of walls limits its distance.
>
> Also, the poor TiBook reception plays a part.
>
> - Can anyone comment on whether this is similar issue with other
> wireless routers

I am attempting to set up something similar for a client of mine (on
PC's using D-Link PCMCIA card, US Robotics PCI Card and Linksys WAP)

Distance was no problem (its around 50 feet) but the 2 walls in the way
seem to cut the signal down to 0.

We may need to go for a second WAP and use repeating...

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com