[Ti] TI DVI 800mhz, 512mb vs 1gb

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Tue May 6 12:16:51 PDT 2003

>I'm about to buy the new 80gb hd and maybe an upgrade for my TI from
>512mb to 1gb,
>but I really want to know if there exist a real difference, I abused
>regularly of photoshop,
>flash, dreamweaver and virtual PC. Working with 5 to 8 apps at the same time.

The RAM will make a huge difference in Photoshop performance,
especially if you have many apps open at once. The speed of the HD
will also affect some filters that use scratch disk no matter how
much RAM you have.  I always set a partition on my drive called
"scratch" (about 4 gb) and assign that as the scratch disk in
Photoshop. I never put files on that partition.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com