[Ti] Kernal Panics

David malolo at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 18:51:29 PDT 2003

Paul,

Thanks for the great advice. I'm in a similar pickle. Over the last
week, I've started getting kernal panics, the first since getting the
powerbook in December. Today I had three alone (2 under 10.2.4, one
under 10.2.6). Things start up fine. All happened as the powerbook was
running a while, and out of the clear blue, panicked.

panic.log says they are "unresolved kernel trap" usually followed by
0x300, once by 0x700. I suspect it's because I have not been practicing
safe computing (using a lot of betas and software from suspicious
sources.)

Looks like I'm going to have to erase the drive, reinstall OS X and
apps, and restore my documents. If anyone has something better to try,
let me know.

Another problem, about 2 weeks ago I tried to reboot into OS 9 and it
said it could find a bootable system folder. Reinstalled OS-X, twice
(!). At this point, I'm hesitant to try booting into OS 9 again.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dave Schlicher