[Ti] Linksys and Airport with Ti Book?

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 19:12:28 PDT 2003

BigScanner.com paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Of course I tried that but it didn't seem work (hence the post).
>I forgot the error message but will get it again after I re-charge (the
>first full recharge).

Do you have the system set NOW, so that the Mac and PC are receiving
and sending through Ethernet to the outside world? If not, i would
suggest doing that, first.

The Airport is going to be just another 'box' in a normal port on the
LinkSys... It will be assigned a 192.168.0.x  number, just like the
Mac and PC. THEN, you'll configure the Laptop, in 'Locations' and
'Network' to have an Airport location.

I'm running 2 Macs, a Cisco Analog Telephone Adaptor, and my Airport
[which I access, or not, depending on whether I want to stay
hard-wired or roam w/the laptop] and, believe me i know very little
about networking issues.

Just go one step at a time. Verify that the router is assigning an
address [using DHCP] on the primary Mac, first. Test it. If you have
back-and-forth contact, through one box, then plug in the others, and
follow the same procedures.

Just remember, that the order things are powered up in, and the
accuracy of passwords, login names is crucial to the whole deal. good
luck.

~flipper