[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

XXL xxl at mac.com
Wed May 7 02:05:48 PDT 2003

> So then if millions of customers suddenly disagreed that the cost of a
> new automobile was fair, they should all start stealing them en masse?

Plllleease!  The only reason we have this discussion at all is because
gratis music downloads are now possible. A comparison to automobiles is
nonsense. And this entire thread is so high-minded and theoretical as to be
ridiculous.

Forget the theories and face the music: downloads exist and the record
companies have to find a way to bring the customers to the cash registers.
If they do not do this they will go out of business, like anyone else that
does not adapt to changing market conditions.

A good product, regard for the customer, and value for price are always a
successful formula.  I am delighted to pay the iTunes Music Store price for
nice clean-sounding, complete tracks, and it seems that many agree with me.
-Joel