[Ti] Music is timele$$

Alexandre Kapellos a.kapellos at bluewin.ch
Wed May 7 11:10:52 PDT 2003

>   Well I'd say the music industry has enough cash
>  from you and future generations to start giving it
>  away cheap.Maybe pricing should reflect the vintage
>  status of the music. 99 cents for the newest Eminem track
>  and I don't know...20 cents for a beatles track?
>
>  signed
>
>   the devil's advocate.

Not the devil's advocate, just a disatisfied customer, just like me...
There's one thing I don't get: over here in Switzerland, CDs are
getting more expensive, from CHF 26, they cost CHF 34 now. And no, it's
not because of online piracy. Prices started climbing way before
Napster et al. existed. Products are supposes to get cheaper as they
become more everyday objets. Our powerbooks are great examples. The
majors want to increase prices. Fine, I'm buying less CDs. (but I'm not
downloading them either!)

Alexandre

By the way, the comparison with the US auto industry was right on...