[Ti] TI DVI 800mhz, 512mb vs 1gb

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Wed May 7 20:51:39 PDT 2003

On 5/6/03 15:16, "Michael Bigley" wrote:

>> I'm about to buy the new 80gb hd and maybe an upgrade for my TI from
>> 512mb to 1gb,
>> but I really want to know if there exist a real difference, I abused
>> regularly of photoshop,
>> flash, dreamweaver and virtual PC. Working with 5 to 8 apps at the same time.
>
> The RAM will make a huge difference in Photoshop performance,
> especially if you have many apps open at once.

    It does make a difference. Dreamweaver also (in particular). I'm
considering going from 768 to 1gig, because I can see be hitting a drop off
point when I get a bunch of things going (or just Photoshop and
Dreamweaver). (That has to wait a little while I pay off the CC bill for the
drive to replace the dead internal one.)

    I think the price is small enough again to make it really worthwhile.

    And hey, I can spend your money freely. :)

-- Roger