[Ti] TiBook power adapters not universal

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Thu May 8 08:31:22 PDT 2003

On 5/8/03 11:52, "Simon Chapman" <sc at pr100.com> wrote:

> My previous TiBooks (400, 550, 667) came with a variety of puck- and
> cube-shaped power adapters, all of which - according to Apple - were
> interchangeable. But the manual with my new 1Gb 15in TiBook states that
> previous TiBook power adapters should not be used with this machine. Anyone
> know why -- or is this just Apple being over-cautious to protect
> themselves? TIA.

Simon,

I have one of the 1 Ghz Tibooks. The older adapters will fit but I don't
think they actually charge the battery. They will maintain a charge but not
increase it.
--
Jesse

"A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring
it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge
will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own
governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James
Madison, from a letter to W.T. Barry, August 4, 1822