[Ti] TiBook power adapters not universal

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Thu May 8 10:38:17 PDT 2003

>Pure conjecture on my part - but it may very well be a wattage
>issue. My current power supply (used for my 15" 550) is rated for 45
>watts. What is your new supply rated at?

The older supplies were 45 W and the newer supplies are 65 W. Having
invested in a couple of extra 45W power supplies for my old TiBook I
was curious as to whether they would work with my new 17 incher and
they seem to be fine. They get a little warm, but so far I haven't
had any major fires.

Disclaimer: if you burn your house down don't sue me - I didn't tell
you it was OK to do it. Make sure you insurance is paid up. Void
where prohibited.

Paul