[Ti] Most expensive iTunes download (OT)

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri May 9 09:13:06 PDT 2003

At 4:12 PM +0200 2003.05.09, Massimo Marino wrote:
>-) iTunes does not care whether you are UK, US, EU, Japan, whatever resident we might think of. Only thing it cares is that the Credit Card you are going to use is US resident (billing address). Cannot arrange with a friend/relative in the US? maybe with a secured card? Very easy to do. (if you have that kind of friend that is).

This country specific situation works both ways.

I remember once when I could not ship certain products from Japan to the U.S. because they were on some 'list'. I had to hand carry them (and declare them).

Another time, long ago, I had a couple of cell phones with London phone numbers. The billing had to be to a U.K. bank. So I had to arrange for a bank there to collect from my bank in the States, in order to have a U.K. cell phone account.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)