[Ti] TiBook and powered ethernet

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Fri May 9 21:02:15 PDT 2003

--On Friday, May 09, 2003 09:02 AM -0700 Steve Wozniak <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> I thought that Cat6 and Cat7 were for gigabit ethernet...

They may be, but I don't think we are running gigabit ethernet. I believe the switches are 100baseT. The wiring is probably Cat5e since it is a brand new install and they knew enough to build for future needs.

However, it is powered, and I understand there are two methods of distributing power. I'm wondering if TiBooks don't handle powered ethernet very well or if it's something with my machine. All of the Wintel machines in the company are doing just fine and others move their laptops around with no problem.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com