sudden shut off when on battery

Christoph Pistor cpistor at frys.com
Fri May 9 23:51:50 PDT 2003

my good old G4 400 Mhz shoes some strange behavior when on battery.
Suddenly while typing it shuts off. This happens usually when a key on
the keyboard is pressed, but not a particular one. There seems to be
some intermittent contact and I don't know where. I tried moving the
battery to see if I can reproduce the shut off, but nothing happened.

Did anybody else have this happen? Is this a warranty case? How could I
show this to the genius in the apple store?

Christoph