[Ti] Stuck CD in CD-ROM Drive

mburke6225 at aol.com mburke6225 at aol.com
Tue May 13 11:30:31 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/13/2003 1:12:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, levenezu at myrealbox.com writes:

> Help! What should I do?
>
> Leo

DON'T DO ANYTHING!  I have read the responses up to this point and while everybody is trying their best to help one thing is certain: You appear to be a new user.

I have not taken apart the CD ROM of any TiBook I've owned but have installed CD drives in other units.  If I were you I would not attempt to fix this with paper clips or post it notes or anything else as you could make matters worse.  The good news is your drive is probably not fried but to confirm that you need to get it to a qualified tech. Worst case scenario, if the drive is busted and you replace it with one of their drives you won't be charge for checking out your existing drive and will end up with a new drive (albeit a purchased one).

MBurke

MBurke