sound recording with built in mic? (Ti550 - Results

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at mac.com
Thu May 15 07:42:48 PDT 2003

Just wanted to thank all of you for excellent suggestions (as usual)!

The results:

I tried the iMovie route first. I recorded only sound for the iMovie
track, exported to Quicktime, Formats: > Expert Settings. This allows
saving in a variety of formats. I tried the AIFF to convert to MP3 in
iTunes and direct to MP4. Both worked fine. I don't know if a couple
people who will use these files can handle MP4's. It does require a few
too many steps to make it the top choice but it is a *free* solution.
iMovie doesn't particularly seem happy with my mere 768 MB of memory
and the hard drive speed in the TI (original drive, very full). I
haven't sprung for Pro and this method worked just fine with standard
free Quicktime.

The suggestion of Audio Recorder 1.3 (freeware via Versiontracker)
which I d/l'd and installed is a winner. It works like a charm, simple
and direct to MP3. The resulting track is of reasonable quality/size
which I can open in iTunes and pop onto the iPod.

Once again, thanks for all of the great information. The next project
is getting my favorite vinyl ripped to put on the iPod (another round
of app and equipment research ;-).

Cheers,
Jenn