Canadians looking at bargains

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Thu May 15 15:52:28 PDT 2003

Jus thought I'd indulge myself in wishful thinking and checked the
effect of the surging Canadian dollar. The 17" PB is $5300 Canadian
but mailorder dealers in the US will sell for as low as $3211. (and
they'll even throw in free 512 Mb upgrades as well as a free Epson
printer). If a Canadian has a friend in the USA, it is conceivable
for him/her to buy the very same little beauty for $1000.00 less and
may even save taxes as well.

If I could get a academic discount, I'd be doing it meself. As it is,
I shall closely monitor the soaring Canadian dollar and when I can
get me a new 17" PB for $4000. Cdn, I am there!!

Hope this helps someone other Canadian wanting a little more
rationalization to spring for a new PB.

--
Best regards,

Murray
mailto:murrayka at mac.com

'The surest sign that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'

Calvin and Hobbes