[Ti] Bluetooth USB adaptor

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Sun May 18 16:29:20 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 17, 2003, at 05:55  pm, Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> Is there any more to "know" about this ?
>
> I am assuming that "any" Bluetooth USB dongle will work with OS X
> (10.2.6).
> Or can I only buy one that has an OS X driver?

 From what I have read not all dongles are the same in performance, with
some offering better range of signal and also some not supporting the
"proximity sensing" feature of BT.

I have an Innovision Multimedia "Wavelinker" dongle which i paid around
GBP 50 for 6 months ago.

Works fine, no drivers required, good range and proximity sensing.

To be honest no BT dongle you buy should need any drivers if it is USB
Mac OSX should support it out of the box. Mine came with a CD but
that's for PC users.
--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com

--
TARIK BILGIN, Web Developer
tarik.bilgin at englandagency.com

an agency called england
marshall mill. marshall street. leeds LS11 9YJ
t.0113 234 5600 f.0113 234 5601
http://www.englandagency.com/

This e-mail contains information that is confidential and may be
Legally privileged. If  this e-mail has been addressed to you in
error and you are not the person intended or authorised to receive
it or a copy of it, please notify the sender as soon as possible.