CD trapped in SuperDrive bay

John B. Crane jbcrane at cranedigital.com
Sun May 18 18:25:40 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Just had an interesting happen with my 17" PB. The SuperDrive failed,
trapping a CD in the bay. After a few support calls it seems I need to send
it in and have the drive replaced.

I'd  just burned my second DVD in the SuperDrive and it was working just
fine, just before... now, whenever I turn it on, the CD won't mount on the
desktop, yet the mechanism knows there's a disk in the slot and continuously
attempts ejecting it. It will attempt about 15-20 times, then think about it
for a while, then start the cycle over again.

I was saddened to learn that it had no manual eject option... so all of you
with the BigAl, beware: apparently if you get a disk stuck, the only way to
free it is to send it back to Apple. The tech support guy said it was the
first case of this he'd heard.
To that I just had to laugh. Figures. ;-)

CraneDigital, LLC
Visual Communications for All Media
Fort Collins, Colorado
(970) 229-1462
www.cranedigital.com
jbcrane at cranedigital.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.